The Guidance Group provides individual, couples & family counseling.
We work with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues from depression and anxiety to coping with changes and learning better communication and emotion regulation skills. In a comfortable and supportive atmosphere, The Guidance Group Counseling offers a highly personalized approach tailored to each of our clients’ individual needs to help attain the personal growth they’re seeking.
Who we help
The Guidance Group Counseling works with:
- Children – specifically in the context of family therapy
- Teens – either individually or in family therapy
- Adults – individually, in couples or other relationship pairings, or in family therapy
We will talk with you to determine the best therapeutic approach to address your specific needs and circumstances.
How can therapy help me?
A number of benefits are available from participating in therapy. Therapists can provide support, problem-solving skills, and enhanced coping strategies for issues such as depression, anxiety, relationship troubles, unresolved childhood issues, grief, stress management, body image issues and creative blocks. Many people also find that counselors can be a tremendous asset to managing personal growth, interpersonal relationships, family concerns, marriage issues, and the hassles of daily life. Therapists can provide a fresh perspective on a difficult problem or point you in the direction of a solution. The benefits you obtain from therapy depend on how well you use the process and put into practice what you learn. Some of the benefits available from therapy include:
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals and values
- Developing skills for improving your relationships
- Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek therapy
- Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
- Improving communications and listening skills
- Changing old behavior patterns and developing new ones
- Discovering new ways to solve problems in your family or marriage
- Improving your self-esteem and boosting self-confidence